Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Wet run of the pool!

38 weeks pregnant, wet run of the pool, really glad we did this because its really helped to visualise the birth. I've had a few major wobbles over the past few days, and think this really helped me realise that while I may well wobble what I could have at home is a million miles away from what I had before and that its got to be worth fighting for!

Once we had the pool set up, which only took just over an hour and went without a hitch (wait for the cock-ups on B day!) we got into our swim things and sat in the pool together. We had an ice cream! Yum! and then took the time to light some candles and practise hypnobirthing which I discovered then that its much easier to relax and get into the zone once you are in the water. I also found that it was brilliant for making you feel weightless and you could literally squat for hours in there so its good to know it will support positions well!

Afterwards we drank a little bit of cider! and watched a little bit of X Factor! Well, seemed a shame to waste the water!  I chuckled when the first audition song we watched was 'Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!'   Maybe a sign of things to come!

The flowers enjoyed their drink afterwards! So the next time we inflate the pool a baby will be on its way! Eek!

Here are some pictures for you to laugh at.... and yes I am enormous now!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66954847@N04/?saved=1

1 comment:

  1. Love your pics! You look really happy together. It looks like birth could be fun this time around! I can't wait!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete